Monday, January 11, 2016

Starting off 2016 with a brunch fave!!

HAPPY 2016!!! Hubs and I kicked off the year with a date at our favorite brunch spot in Old Town Alexandria, Fontaine Caffee & Creperie.  We came across this local gem about five years ago when I moved back to the DC area, and it's our go-to place on weekend mornings when I'm too lazy to cook breakfast.

Norwegian Crepe. My fave!
Everything I've tried there has been excellent.  Though my favorite brunch dish would have to be the Norwegian Crepe, and that's what I got on our most recent visit.  I love the mix of smoked salmon, caramelized onions, creme fresh, balsamic glaze.  The side salad is perfectly dressed.  Plus, I feel like I am starting the year off right by having some veg with brunch.

 Hubs got the Smoked Salmon and Avocado Tartine (not pictured), which served over a slice of toasted brioche.  This special has rapidly become another favorite and has been ordered by one of us on our last few visits.  No lie, I stole a bite or two when possible.  Since it's on the "Specials" menu, there's no telling how long it will be around.  I hope that it will be made part of their regular menu in the near future.

All-in-all, brunch at Fontaine was a great way to start our year. And I'm sure that we'll be back there again.


Side notes:
- Towards the middle of the day, the wait can be a bit long - and Hubs and I often go soon after they open to avoid the long wait.
- I've also enjoyed this place for brunch with friends, but they do have a 3 card limit on the check. Also, you can reserve a table, but know that you won't be seated until all members of your party have arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment